Montana Farmers Union Traveling Workshop Series – Rebuilding Food Resiliency
June 9 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on May 19, 2021 at 11:30 am
One event on May 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm
One event on May 20, 2021 at 6:00 pm
One event on June 9, 2021 at 6:00 pm
One event on June 10, 2021 at 11:30 am
One event on June 10, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Montana Farmers Union is excited to host the traveling workshop series Rebuilding Food Resiliency. In May MFU is taking the program to Havre, Lewistown, Shelby and Choteau. The June series will cover Billings, Miles City and Sidney. MFU will provide a complimentary meal at each location. The workshop series is sponsored in part by Farmers Union Insurance.
“We are thrilled to be visiting Central and Eastern Montana with a workshop series specifically designed with rural communities and producers in mind,” said Montana Farmers Union President Walter Schweitzer. “We want attendees to walk away with valuable knowledge about programs available to them to help their operations. We want to thank our friends at Farmers Union Insurance for co-sponsoring for the event.”
The workshop series will cover the following topics:
- Funding opportunities for communities that create food resiliency through the American Rescue Plan. A representative from Senator Jon Tester’s office will speak to funding for rural broadband, rural hospitals and emergency services. A representative from the Montana Department of Agriculture will discuss funding opportunities at the state level.
- A presentation on the Montana Farmers Union Meat Cooperative by MFU Special Projects Manager Matt Rains, and how to join the co-op. This exciting project will give producers the opportunity to process livestock for sale locally, across the US and for export.
- A visit from the local development authority to discuss programs, and how you can apply for assistance or get involved!
- Overview of the Commercial Property Assessed Capital Enhancements(C-PACE) program presented by Northern Plains Resource Council.
- Presentation on current products by a local Farmers Union Insurance agent.
Dates and locations include:
Havre Fairground – Havre – Tuesday May 18th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Shelby Civic Center – Shelby -Wednesday May 19th from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Stage Stop Inn – Choteau – Wednesday May 19th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Yogo Inn – Lewistown – Thursday May 20th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Billings Hotel & Convention Center – Billings – Wednesday June 9th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sleep Inn – Miles City – Thursday June 10th from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Rodiron Grill – Sidney – Thursday June 10th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
There is no cost to attend! For more information on the workshop series and to register visit the MFU website.