Open Position: Agricultural Sales & Marketing Representative
Northern Ag Network is a family-owned radio, television, and digital network which provides programs to stations across Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota and South Dakota. Northern Ag Network was started by former Senator Conrad Burns in 1975 and since 1986 has been owned and operated by Taylor Brown and his family. Northern Ag Network is a brand of Northern Broadcasting System which also The Northern News Network, a Montana radio news network that provides News, Weather and Sports programming to affiliates across the state.
Northern Broadcasting works with businesses of all sizes to help them grow market share through advertising and the staff is passionately committed to the success of our clients. The Browns are a ranch family from Eastern Montana and with their staff have a strong desire to serve rural America by helping producers get the information they need and helping businesses reach target audiences in rural America.
Our mission is to truly serve our audience, affiliate stations, and clients adding real value that enriches their lives and empowers the success of their business and their industry.
At the Northern Ag Network, we firmly believe in the opportunity that is generated from providing service to others and truly focusing on their success. We value integrity, meaningful relationships, and kindness to others.
The ideal candidate is someone who is an advocate for agriculture and rural America. Our company thrives off of small-town values and commitment to our industry, and we are looking for an employee who can serve others in unique ways.
Overall Objective for the Agricultural Sales & Marketing Representative:
To build relationships and partnerships with Agri-Businesses and assist in creating impactful advertising programs to help them target and reach Agriculture producers.
- Develop deep relationships with Agri-businesses and understand their challenges and opportunities.
- Build multimedia marketing plans that drive results for clients.
- Create attention-grabbing ads that represent clients and speak to their target audiences.
- Work to maximize sales and meet short term and long-term financial goals.
- Delight clients by going above and beyond to creatively serve their business and industry.
- Prospect for new relationships through multiple channels including trade shows, industry events like Stockgrowers and Grain Growers conventions or even your neighbor’s branding!
- Become an active player in the agriculture industry and community organizations – (From judging a FFA contest to serving on the Range Days board!)
- Track key performance indicators including total sales volume, new business, and relationship growth.
- Maintain current knowledge of agriculture marketing and advertising trends regionally and nationally.
- Collaborate with sales, broadcasters, and entire team to offer support and step-up when a need arises.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in agriculture business.
- Knowledge of and passion for agriculture.
- Evidence of sales (or related) goals met and achieved.
- Ability to uncover needs beyond the surface level and build trust with clients.
- Strong people skills. Deep desire to serve others and make a difference in their lives.
- An eye for the creative when it comes to generating marketing and advertising ideas and developing radio, digital or television ads.
- Self-motivated, persistent person with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to multi task and handle several objectives at once.
- Strong computer skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook and Social Media.
- College degree preferred.
- Position is located at Company Headquarters at 600 1st North in Billings, MT.
- Agriculture Sales & Marketing Representative reports to the Vice President.
- Some Travel and additional hours will be necessary to meet with clients and attend events.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and will include a large commission and/or bonus component.
- Full-time position includes health, dental and vision as well as 401k match.
- Industry-related volunteer hours are encouraged with manager approval. We like to spend time with 4-H and FFA kids!
- On-site and off-site sales training and professional development will be offered regularly.
Advancement Opportunities: Opportunities for career development will be based on individual’s interests and abilities. Two directions for immediate growth within the short-term future include:
- Promotion to becoming the head of the sales team and driving sales for NBS.
- Promotion to include directing marketing efforts for NBS.
For consideration: Please send your resume and an email/cover letter to Courtney Kibblewhite at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email please include:
- Your background and interest/history in agriculture.
- Recent Sales results achieved against your goals.
For additional questions, please call 406-252-6661 or stop by our office at 600 1st Ave. North, Billings, MT 59101. Northern Broadcasting System, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.