For those who are interested in helping, here is a running list of what is needed and where you can help or donate. Please contact the team leads before showing up with donations. This is one of the most important things you can do to help our neighbors in coordinating. We have so many generous neighbors and are trying to make the most out of the donations without overwhelming the locals!
· Checks can be made to Garfield County Fire Foundation c/o Garfield County Bank PO Box 6, Jordan, MT 59337 (406-557-2201) or send to Circle c/o Redwater Valley Bank, PO Box 60, Circle, MT 59215 (406-485-4782). NOTE: Applications for Short term and long term funds can be made to Garfield County Fire Foundation and will be distributed by their board. Call the Garfield County Bank for more info.
*Stockman Bank is also accepting donations to the Garfield County Fire Foundation at ALL of their branches and is generously providing a match of up to $10,000 for all monies collected through their branches.
· Cash donations for fencing, hay and grazing are accepted by Petroleum County Stockgrowers Relief Fund PO BOX 147 Winnett, MT 59087
· Online donations can be made here.
· Y Cross Feeds in Jordan is collecting donations.This money can be used by producers affected by the fire for anything they need: fencing supplies, feed, vaccine, etc. Any unused portions remaining by September 1, 2018 will be donated to the Garfield Volunteer Fire Department. Call Larry at (406) 977-6228 for further details.
FIRE AREA DROP-OFFS:
**Please have drop-offs occur between 9am and 5pm**
· Jordan: VFW Hall
· Winnett: 221 W Main St. (Beth Hoverson)
Northern Ag Note:
It is essential that you contact the team leads above before showing up to help or donate.
Mary Brown Photo, Brown Ranch- Sand Springs, MT