Watch this 2020 Long Range Forecast by Brian Bledsoe, Meteorologist for Weather5280 and KKTV in Colorado Springs.
Some of his key projections include:
- He looks for only a neutral to weak El Nino ahead, but not significant
- Drought will continue for Pacific North West through March
- California has been wet, but will be drier than average by February
- The Midwest will be wetter through April
- Montana and Dakotas – expect about Average Precipitation November through May
- Wyoming and Nebraska – maybe slightly wetter than average through the spring
Above: Brian Bledsoe shows the European weather model calling for a dry February across the western United States.
In his report provided courtesy of Ag Risk Advisors, Bledsoe combines a brief Long Range Projection based on his analysis of:
- Pacific ENSO (El Nino-Southern Oscillation) Climate Service
- JAMSTEC (Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology)
- NMME (North American Multi-Model Ensemble)
- ECMWF (European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts)
Northern Ag Network