Montana Farmers Union will present the 2021 Montana Farmers Union Virtual Producer Conference January 27-28 from 8:30 – 11:30 am each day. The conference will boost a great lineup of speakers and presentations on topics ranging from commodity markets and futures, farm succession, soil health and more!
There is no cost to register for this virtual event. Registration closes January 25. To register visit montanafarmersunion.com. Contact event organizer Justin Loch with questions.
- Presentation by the author of the No-Bull Food News and owner of Ranch Foods Direct Mike Callicrate, an independent cattle producers, entrepreneur and political activist. Callicrate operates a 12,000 head feed yard in Kansas and invented the Callicrate Smart Bander.
- Cattle rancher and agriculture advocate Ryan Goodman on Diversity & Inclusion in the Ag Industry. Goodman’s presentation will help to provide producers with tools and training for better advocacy and communication within the ag industry and beyond.
- DV Auctions Livestock Market Analyst Corbitt Wall will provide a cattle industry update. Wall has gained notoriety in the cattle industry for his daily Feeder Flash report where he provides an in-depth analysis of the cattle market and discusses critical industry issues.
- Paragon Investments Broker Jayme Kohake will provide a commodities and markets forecast. For over 15 years, Kohake has advised grain and livestock produers on prices trends, cash grain analysis and marketing strategies. His technical analysis can be heard on several national radio programs and seen in multiple print publicaitons.
- Andy Junkin with Agriculture Strategy will give a presentation on farm succession, Coming Home: Blending the old and new generation on the family farm. Junkin is one of the leading experts in farm succession, focusing on the transfer of management, not just assets.
- Presentation on Soil Health by Kate Vogel, North 40 Ag. After experimenting with cover crops on their own dryland and irrigated farm, Kate and her husband Marcus started North 40 Ag. They work with farmers across the region, developing cover crop mixes to improve crop health.
- MFU President Walter Schweitzer will talk about the Launch of the New Meat Cooperative with MSU Northern. Click here to read about the mobile harvest unit purchased by MFU and the meat processing curriculum being developed at MSU Northern.