National Teach Ag Day – Collegiate Opportunities
WHAT IS NATIONAL TEACH AG DAY?
The sixth annual National Teach Ag Day celebration will take place on Thursday, September 24. National Teach Ag Day is designed to encourage others to teach school based agriculture and recognize the important role that agriculture teachers play in their schools and communities.
Every year the National Teach Ag Campaign hosts a live webcast event somewhere in the country in conjunction with National Teach Ag Day.
National Teach Ag Day is a part of the National Teach Ag Campaign, an initiative of the National Council for Agricultural Education, led by the National Association of Agricultural Educators and sponsored by the CHS Foundation, DuPont Pioneer and Growth Energy as a special project of the National FFA Foundation.
COLLEGIATE ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
There are several ways for you and your institution to get involved on National Teach Ag Day.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution during the Fall 2015 semester
- Must be an Agriculture education major-teacher certification track only
- NAAE Student Member ($10/year)
- Institution faculty member signature
COLLEGIATE COMMERCIAL CONTEST
Get your fellow ag ed majors together and create a 15-30 second video commercial about your campus and the Ag Ed degree program there.
- Make sure your video is fun, in good taste and highlights why being an agriculture education major there is the best.
- Approved videos will air during the live Teach Ag Day webcast on Thursday, September 24.
- The video with the most views between September 21 and September 25 will win $250, a traveling bragging rightstrophy and a Teach Ag prize package. More details about how to view the videos and ways to encourage others to view your videos will be available in September.
- Commercials may be in video, PPT or other multi-media format.
- Must not exceed 30 seconds.
- The Teach Ag logo must be used and visible during a portion of the commercial.
- Must accompany signed consent letter from Ag Ed faculty member on institution letterhead stating support for the commercial.
- Submit your commercial and consent letter via Dropbox link to email@example.com by 11:59pm EDT on Friday, September 11th.
FUTURE AGRICULTURE TEACHER SYMPOSIUM
The National Teach Ag Campaign has selected 21 current Ag Ed majors who will travel to Washington DC and participate in professional networking, development, and be part of the live webcast. Congratulations to the following preservice agriculture teachers!
|Jacklyn Bennett||Washington State University|
|Matthew Bernia||Michigan State University|
|Cody Beus||University of Idaho|
|Breanne Brammer||University of Missouri|
|Clayton Carley||University of Illinois|
|Naomi Cholst||University of California -Davis|
|Tyler Foote||University of Wisconsin – River Falls|
|Taylor Fredrick||University of Missouri|
|Isaiah Govea||University of Arizona|
|Tyler Gramley||University of Idaho|
|Amy Hesselgesser||Oklahoma State University|
|Ashley Leer||Kansas State University|
|Katlyn Likens||University of Nebraska – Lincoln|
|Christina Miller||North Carolina State University|
|Christina Nolasco||Utah State University|
|Toni Rasmussen||University of Nebraska – Lincoln|
|Elisa Russ||Iowa State University|
|Amanda Smith||University of Missouri|
|Olivia Steckler||Purdue University|
|Victoria Young||University of Kentucky|
|Amy Zimmerman||North Dakota State University|
Selected attendees will receive…
- $300 travel stipend
- A minimum of 2 nights lodging at the Residence Inn Pentagon City in Alexandria, VA
- Pre loaded DC Metro card
- Most meals
- DC monument night tour
- Professional development training
- Recognition during the live webcast
Tuesday, September 22nd
Travel Day-Make travel plans to arrive at the hotel no later than 5:30pm
Welcome reception and speaker
Night monument tour
Wednesday, September 23
All day professional development activities
Evening on your own
Thursday, September 24
Travel home after 5pm
Rooms will be available for those who are not able to get a flight home Thursday evening
LIVE WATCH PARTY
Make your live watch party part of the sixth annual National Teach Ag Day live celebration. Here's what you will need…
- An Internet connection
- Google Chrome internet browser
- A webcam, microphone and speakers
- An enthusiastic crowd
We will connect up to 5 parties during the live webcast so you can show and tell the world how you're celebrating National Teach Ag Day. Live watch parties will last up to 5 minutes.
Contact Julie Fritsch by September 11 for more information about this opportunity.
We want to hear about what you're doing on Teach Ag Day. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Need help planning an event? Send an email to the same place, and we'll help any way we can.